We are opening the 63rd Eurovision Song Contest interview season with the Swiss representative Zibbz! Zibbz will represent his country with “Stones”!
– Can you just talk about yourself ?
We’re a Swiss sibling duo – home in Los Angeles & Zurich. Living for music – with no plan B.
– How did you discover your talents or were they discovered by someone else?
We have always lived for music – with no plan B. We grew up listening to Rock n Roll. Blues, Rock and Soul was always a big inspiration for us. (The Rolling Stones, Aretha Franklin, Janis Joplin, Led Zepplin). Our parents met in a rocknroll band and both still play music too. We knew we wanted to become professional musicians and studied & performed from a young age. It can be chaotic and tough at times but it always pays off when we get to perform and release new music.
– Who was behind the idea of founding a group?
We used to watch ESC with our family when we were kids. We always had in mind to perform on ESC one day but never felt our kind of music/performance really had a chance until the more recent years where there are more diverse acts and songs accepted.
– Your song is called “Stones” can you tell us more about it?
We wrote «Stones» in a songwrite-camp with the Canadian songwriter Laurell Barker.
The message is something which moves us all deeply and is sadly still a problem in todays world. It’s about inclusion, equality, diversity and tolerance. It’s a call to stand up against bullying and hate.
– Are you planning to make changes in your show or is it going to be same as it was in the National Final?
We have designed an amazing little set up for the Swiss final show and we know were going to give 120% and enjoy every minute. thats all we can do. the rest is up to the audience!
– What is your favourite song in Eurovision history?
Of course ABBA is the most legendary performance, but our absolute favorites are Common Linnets.
– How do you prepare for Eurovision?
We are currently doing preparations here in LA but will be back in Switzerland in a few weeks and are definitely taking part in the European pre-shows in April! We are looking forward to meeting the amazing community we have already had contact with online!
– The last question, Eurovision has a big fan base in Turkey. What do you want to say to our followers and the Turkish Eurovision fans?
Your support means the world to us!! Thank you for helping us spread the message and the music. Hope to see you in Lisbon!! 😉